MILL TOWNS IN NORTH EASTERN USA
four photographs were taken by
Randolph Langenbach from 1966 until 1989.
all photographs © by Randolph Langenbach, 1967-78
Click on photos to enlarge
1) Merrimack River and Woolen Mills, Lawrence, Massachusetts, 1971
2) Ayer Mill, from the Pemberton Mill, Lawrence, Massachusetts, 1967
3) Boott Cotton Mills, Lowell, Massachusetts, 1972
4) Durfee Mills, Fall River, Massachusetts, 1970
5) Harmony Mills Mastodon Mill, Cohoes, New York, 1971
6) Middle Mill, New York Mills, New York, 1971
7) Stairway in the Middle Mill, New York Mills, 1971
8) Silk Mills, Patterson, New Jersey, 1973
9) and 10) Carding machines in one of the last small textile operations in Lowell, Massachusetts, housed in the former Lowell Manufacturing Company Millyard, 1978
11) Abandoned millworkers' boarding house, Killingly, Rhode Island, 1972
12) Abandoned Woolen Mill, Ashaway, Rhode Island, 1976
© Randolph Langenbach
M-Arch (Harvard), Dipl.Conservation (York, England)
Please note: As of June, 2014, this is a new address for mail from website-users.
Writings and photographs found on this website is ©Randolph Langenbach and other authors. For use permission, write to the address above.
Please send your reactions, comments or questions regarding this website to the Email address above